Please submit your film through filmfreeway.com
DO NOT APPLY IN THE OPEN CATEGORIES of feature, documentary or short if your film was at least one-quarter produced, directed or financed in the states of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan or Wisconsin. Please apply to one of the LAKE MICHIGAN FILM COMPETITION (LMFC) categories, rather than the open Feature, Short Films or Documentary categories. Only entries to LMFC categories are eligible for cash prizes.
Please read and follow the Entry Regulations carefully.
- Works in progress will NOT be accepted.
- Submission will not be considered unless accompanied by appropriate fee, completed FilmFreeway online entry form, and a 25-35 word summary. Press and publicity materials are appreciated but only required after being accepted into festival.
- All entries must be in English or contain English subtitles.
- If your film is selected for festival screening, you must supply 300dpi resolution color stills (not of the production but from the film itself). We also require as much publicity material that is available.
- If your film is selected for festival screening, you must supply a Digital copy and a Blu-Ray copy of your film.
- The festival director must authorize exceptions to the festival regulations.
The entrant must pay the cost of shipping an entry print to the festival. Collect or COD shipments will not be accepted. All international entries must be sent “free domicile” to the Festival Office with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. Any brokerage fees charged to the East Lansing Film Festival will be billed back to the shipper. Be sure to include all the proper customs documentation required by your shipping service.
FESTIVAL CONDITIONS / ELIGIBILITY:
Entries must not have been previously submitted to the East Lansing Film Festival. Entries must be in English or subtitled in English.
Films or videos of any length (feature, short), style or genre (narrative, documentary, animation, etc.) are accepted (see appropriate category). If selected for screening, the filmmaker will be contacted by email by September 15, 2017.
Exhibition 35mm prints, Blu-Rays, DVDs and digital files must be received at least 14 days prior to the festival start date or a screening copy will be used.
Submissions received without the proper entry fee WILL NOT be considered for entry in the ELFF and will not be returned.